Fashionistas Tips On How to Sustain Your Love of Fashion
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a completely new wardrobe without buying a single thing? Well, that’s what sustainable fashion is all about, taking old and making new, or making it last. Below are a few things to help you out and, in turn, help the environment.
- We’ll start with a few things to help make your wardrobe last, like washing your clothes less and avoiding the tumble drier. Some people recommend washing every few wears and using a fabric spray, while others recommend hand washing or washing your clothes at a lower temperature than the standard washer.
- Organise your wardrobe so you can see what you have already! Find what pairs well with the pieces you have already, and you’ll be sure not to buy a duplicate. Organise your wardrobe by colours, shirts, pants, dresses, or seasons. Do the same with your shoes.
- • If you don’t want to wear the item anymore, don’t put it in the bin. Recycle or donate the outfit. Someone else may love that piece you’re throwing out.
- Make sure you look at the materials the outfit is made from so you know that it’s high quality and will last a long time. It’s a reason why vintage pieces stay around; they’re well made. Why you buy now could be future vintage too if it’s made well.
- Resale, second hand and vintage fashion are all more mindful ways of shopping as well.
- Make old clothes new with a few alterations. Remember the old t-shirt hanging in your wardrobe that looks a little dingy or out of style now? You can have it turned into a bag great for shopping or a day out in a few steps. The best part is, not a stitch is needed! Cut the sleeves, cut the neck out, a few more cuts and ties, you have a new shopping bag.
- Make sure you feel confident in the outfit you’re buying. If you don’t feel confident, don’t buy it because you probably won’t be wearing it more than once or twice. Try some of our Moon-Ae-ra collections, which can be worn as a dress or with pants. The modest fashion choices we offer are sure to make any woman feel confident!
Mix and matching pieces with others will make your wardrobe nearly double and give you a completely new look. Never be afraid to try something new with what you have already.